Total views : 379
OVSF Dynamic Code Allocation Quality based Glowworm Swarm Optimization Approach in WCDM
P. Kavipriya *
- Electronics and Communication Engineering, Sathyabama University, Chennai - 600 119, India
OVSF codes are used as channelization codes to support applications with different bandwidth requirements for the downlink of 3G mobile communication systems. The code assignment and reassignment problem focuses on the subject of minimizing the number of code relocations. OVSF (Orthogonal Variable Spreading Factor) code assignment method considering traffic characteristics in the WCDMA systems. The previously proposed Dynamic Code Assignment (DCA) scheme allows code reassignments to improve code utilization, but induces some service delay time to on-going calls, unlikely assumptions, including fixed service data rates and code-limited system capacities. Thus, OVSF code tree has insufficient number of available codes. Method/Statistical Analysis: In order to solve these problems and efficiently utilized OVSF codes, in this paper presents novel Glow warm Swarm Intelligence (GSO) based approach for active OVSF code assignment in WCDMA based networks. GSO algorithm is completely dependent on the behavioral pattern of glowworm (fireflies). The optimization algorithm requires an understanding of this behavioral pattern. The intensity of the emission of Lucifer in can be changed by glow worms which glow at different intensities. In order to improve the ability of the GSO it employs various phases until code allocation is completed. Results: By permitting only codes in the data branch to be reassigned the quality of service guarantee for real time traffic is possible. The simulation results shows that proposed GSO schemes not only guarantees the QoS but also gives high code utilization which is comparable with other existing techniques. Conclusion/ Application: Performances of these methods are evaluated in terms of blocking probability, spectral efficiency, delay and throughput. In addition to this different GSO operator are tested under varying traffic loads to increase the overall system performance.
ABC, Dynamic Code Assignment, GSO, MAGA Performance Parameters, PSO, Resource Allocation, WCDMA
Full Text:| (PDF views: 242)
- 3GPP, Technical Specification TS 25.213 V4.2.0. Spreading and Modulation (FDD). Dec. 2001.
- Ferng H, et al. An OVSF code tree partition policy for WCDMA systems based on the multi-code approach. IEEE 62nd Vehicular Technology Conference; IEEE; 2005.p. 1212–6.
- Fantacci R, Nannicini S. Multiple access protocol for integration of variable bit rate multimedia traffic in UMTS/IMT-2000 based on wideband CDMA. IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications. 2000 Aug; 18(8):1441–54.
- Rouskas AN, Skoutas DN. OVSF codes assignment and reassignment at the forward link of WCDMA 3G systems. PIMRC’02. Proceedings of the 13th IEEE International Symposium on Personal, Indoor and Mobile Radio Communications; Portugal: 2002 Sept. p. 2404–8.
- Tsaur LF, Lee DC. Symbol rate adaptation and blind rate detection using FOSSIL (Forest for OVSF-Sequence-Set-Inducing Lineages). Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Communications. 2001. 6:1754–9.
- Tseng YC, Chao CM. Code placement and replacement strategies for wideband CDMA OVSF code tree management. IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing.2002 Oct-Dec; 1(4):293–302.
- Minn T, Siu K-Y. Dynamic assignment of orthogonal variable spreading-factor codes in WCDMA. IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications. 2000 Aug;18(8):1429–40.
- Shueh F, Liu Z-E, Chen W-S. A fair, efficient, and exchangeable channelization code assignment scheme for IMT-2000. Proceedings of 2000 IEEE International Conference on Personal Wireless Communications; 2000.p. 429–33.
- Park J-S, Huang L, Kuo C-CJ. Computationally efficient dynamic code assignment schemes with call admission control (DCA-CAC) for OVSF-CDMA systems. IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology. 2008; 57(1):286–96.
- Balyan V, Saini DS. Call elapsed time and reduction in code blocking for WCDMA networks. SoftCOM 2009, IEEE 17th International Conference on Software, Telecommunication sand Computer Networks; 2009.
- Tsai Y-R, Lin L-C. Quality-based OVSF code assignment and reassignment strategies for WCDMA systems. IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology. 2009; 58(2):1027–31.
- Yeh C-C, Wang P-L. Dynamic Bandwidth Allocation and Scheduling for OVSF-WCDMA Systems. 2010 International Conference on Communications and Mobile Computing (CMC); IEEE; 2010.
- Balyan V, Saini DS. Integrating new calls and performance improvement in OVSF based CDMA Networks.International Journal of Computers & Communication. 2011; 5(2):35–42.
- Saini DS, Sharma N. Performance improvement in OVSF based CDMA networks using flexible assignment of data calls. International Journal of Computer Networks. 2011.
- Chao C-M, Tseng Y-C, Wang L-C. Reducing internal and external fragmentations of OVSF codes in WCDMA systems with multiple codes. IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications. 2005; 4(4):1516–26.
- Gong D, Li Y. Dynamic system analysis and generalized optimal code assignment of OVSF-CDMA systems. IEEE International Conference on Communications, ICC'08;IEEE; 2008.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.